Sunday, April 13, 2008

an introduction

let me begin by saying a few things.

i'm a little ashamed to admit it, but my love of baseball really came forth because of my boyfriend. during baseball season, it's IMPOSSIBLE to get him to talk about anything but baseball, particularly fantasy baseball. i attempted for two years to change the subject, only to see him change it back within five seconds. you've heard the phrase, "if you can't beat them, join them." well, that's exactly what i did. it wasn't that hard--i've always been a giants/a's fan (and yes, you CAN be a fan of both) and had always kept tabs on them, so i just had to be . . . more involved.

also, i'm well aware that i'm hardly the only girl who loves baseball or even the only girl who plays fantasy baseball (and plays it well, bitches!). but it does seem that every time i mention i like baseball to a guy and that i do fantasy baseball, they're amazed. i think it's more the latter that surprises them, but i think baseball-loving girls are in the minority compared to other sports, at least in my experience. (maybe not so much hockey.)

anyway, i just wanted to begin this blog by saying those things. this will just be for my rants and random observations about baseball, such as vladimir guerrero looking suspiciously like wyclef jean. anyway.

1 comment:

Casie said...

Great idea! I'm more hardcore about football then baseball, but I do have a team I have rooted for since birth, the Cubs, and have experienced the awestruck expression guys give girls who know anything remotely detailed about sports. I will be watching this blog and am now inspired to start a girl's blog on football & fantasy football once the 08-09 season starts up. :)